“God never intended for humans to rule themselves. He was going to be our rightful ruler. The Israelites gave that up and thus we have our governments today.”
1 Samuel 8:6-10
6. But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
7. And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
8. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.
9. Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.
10. And Samuel told all the words of the LORD unto the people that asked of him a king.
“God allows them to exist for the simple fact of bringing order. But, when his day arrives, those corrupt systems will also be destroyed along with Satan and the rest of his system.”
So, we read how God’s own chosen people; the Israelites, rejected Him as their ruler. Many who profess to be Christian read these passages, yet cannot apply the message to themselves or the world as they know it. How is any professor of Christianity who proclaims the name of a presidential candidate to rule over them any different from the earliest of God’s people, the Israelites? Is this not the problem of the world since the fall of man that man is wont to set himself up as ruler?
Once more, the impression of many who profess to be Christian is that one day we will all awake and the anti-Christ will appear, suddenly and without warning. Twenty-four hours and all current world leaders and their cabinets will be cast aside. A demonic spell will be cast, and people will automatically begin to pay obeisance to the new master and Christians will be brought before the judges et cetra. There will be no gradual buildup, no signs in advance to warn us of the approaching devastation. All things will proceed as we know them today and then, abruptly, all hell will be let loose.
Rather, the Scripture speaks of a slow, gradual escalation of evil purposed by many influential rulers over centuries that will culminate at a God given point.
1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
2 John 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
That being the case when recorded, how much more today?
The question for the Christian is who those are associated with the term, “their” in Revelation 17:17.